This creamy and rich fish will benefit from great Opah fish recipes. It is often served raw as sushi or sashimi to highlight the natural flavor. However, with suitable cooking, Opah fish taste will shine.
- 1 pound tomatoes, ripe
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted is preferred
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 pound Opah fish, fillet
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 pound butter, cut into little cubes
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Boil scored tomatoes for around ten seconds before transferring them to ice-cold water. Deseed tomatoes then chop into smaller pieces.
- Sauté tomatoes and shallots in melted butter over medium heat without creating color.
- Heat a heavy pan and pour in some olive oil.
- Place seasoned Opah fillets into heated oil and shallow fry for four to five minutes.
- Take out the fried fillets and combine with minced garlic.
- Combine tomato and shallot mixture with white wine and lemon juice. Let sauce cook for a bit and reduce it volume. Add in butter cubes gradually to the sauce.
- Remove sauce from stove and mix in chopped parsley.
- Serve garlic seared fillet with the sauce when it is warm.
- Now, the Opah fish recipes are ready on your table.
Searing the fish is not the only way to cook this fish without losing the flavor. There are grilled Opah fish recipes out there that are waiting to be tried. Steaming method can also be used for this particular fish. It is good to be creative when coming up with new recipes for this nutritious fish. Use unique ingredients and new cooking methods to maximize the taste of Opah fish recipes. RFA